||Mini-Disciples + Senior Youth Group
All of the young people at Church of the Holy Spirit are encouraged to consider themselves members of the parish. As members, they take part in all of the activities. Some young people are lectors in church, as well as chalice bearers, torch bearers, crucifers and acolytes. There are youth Sunday School teachers and nursery helpers. There isn't a food activity that does not have young helpers. The annual church auction counts on youth volunteers to help with check-in and check-out along side of the adults. On the Good Friday Day of Service, a youth delegation goes down to our companion parish, Cristo Rey, in Trenton, to work with their young people on service activities.
The special programs for young people at CHS are being coordinated by Wendy Hallstrom. The coming programs include:
- Bowling on Sunday, February 22nd from 1:15 to about 4:30. This is a change to what is currently on the calendar
- Saturday, March 7th– Hot Cross Bun fundraiser Baking, time TBD
- Sunday, March 8th Hot Cross Bun fundraiser distribute between and services and after the 10 am service.
- Sunday, March 22nd, meeting 4-6 pm CHS service work
- Easter Vigil Lock-in, April 4th, after the Great Easter Vigil Service at 7:30
- Sunday, April 12th, 4-6 pm, cook meals for Culinary Angels.
- Friday night to Saturday morning, April 17-18, Nightwatch at The Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in NYC (www.stjohndivine.org )
- Friday thru Sunday, May 15-17 attend the Diocesan Spring Youth Event at Camp Lebanon in Lebanon (old Baptist Camp)
- June 14 – Watchung Convocation youth field day at Holy Spirit.
The young people participate in the diocesan youth program. For more complete diocesan information, got to the Diocese of NJ website at www.dioceseofnj.org/ A group attended the September Lock-In for the Watchung Convocation at which the young people packaged 5000 meals!
Coming diocesan youth events are (download the flyer with all of the information):
April 10-12, 2015
Spring Youth Event
May 15-17, 2015
May 31, 2015
Celebrate the Steps Of Your Spiritual Journey
And Remember That God Is With You Always
Figure out where you are.
Go forward, realize that you have work to do, and believe in yourself as a hero!
Practice, Practice, Practice. Pray, Pray, Pray.
Listen to your heart and your gut. Do what is right and good and right and good for you!
Know that you are not alone and that you have many friends, teachers, family and community members and God who want to support you and celebrate you on your journey!
Remember you have a gift to give and may all of your dreams come true!
Peace and Blessings to You and Your Family,
- Johnine Byrer. Deacon