The 2015 Auction Gala committee is beginning to make plans! Can you help? Contact June Filipski and you can take an active role! All members of CHS are already on the committee..
Last year's auction was terrific and we couldn't have done it without you! Thank you to all who donated, helped plan and made it happen, and purchased the items. Now it is time to get the 33rd auction going. We have a place - The Grand Colonial in Hampton, NJ. We have an auctioneer - Michael Ivankovich. Now we need the items to auction! Here are ways you can help:Auction Acquisitions – Contact June Filipski:
Sponsorships - Contact Jan Paxton:
- Think of the people you know and what they might have to offer
- There will be a list on the table in narthex--sign up and take forms/letters and seek donations from several merchants with whom you deal – you could get an ad, a sponsorship or an item. Forms and letters are also available to download from the side menu.
- Write in any other places you'll contact that aren't listed. This way we won't duplicate.
- Make your own donation – there is a special form for donations from individuals - see the side menu
- All items, gift certificates, sponsorships, ads, etc need to be at church by April 19, 2015
Reserve a whole table (for 10) - Contact Jan Paxton:
- You can underwrite an item yourself or ask those whose services may not be suitable for the auction - doctor, bank, lawyer, undertaker - to underwrite something. This is one of the three options on the donor form
- Join with your friends to sponsor or provide a larger item
Make a service donation to teach your talents - June Filipski
- to thank donors
- to promote your business
- to celebrate a birthday
- to reconnect with old friends/former church members who have attended our auctions
So what can I do? Could you :
Help make it happen - Contact Jan Paxton!
- Teach someone toKnit, sew, cook, bake, plan a garden, stencil, arrange flowers, use computer skills, learn a language, paint ???
- Hold a group or individual class
- Use the donation form to describe your offering
- Sign up to sell tickets before/after church one Sunday
- Help deliver the prizes to the Grand Colonial on the day before the auction (Thursday, May 7, 2015 in the morning)
- Help set everything up on the afternoon of the auction
- Be a part of the Check In Crew and/or the Check Out Crew at the beginning and end of the auction
- Provide child care so someone else can attend the auction
The annual auction is the one big fundraiser that the Church of the Holy Spirit holds each year. It originated as a "service" auction for which parishioners made donations of their time and talent. Over the thirty-one years it has been happening, the nature of the auction has expanded to include silent auction items as well as live auction items and the donations come from the businesses in the surrounding community as well as from the parish.
The proceeds from this event will go to support the church's outreach programs throughout Hunterdon County, including Family Promise, the Good News Home for Women, Anderson House, a lively prison ministry at Edna Mahan and many others. These endeavors improve the lives and health of so many people in this area. Because of the support given at the auction we can continue and expand our outreach efforts.